Beach 6's Rules (Michaelbrook)
Coed 6’s Beach Volleyball Rules
- Coed 6’s - a complete starting lineup consists of 6 players including a minimum of 2 women and 1 man. A team that meets this requirement but has less than 6 players may play shorthanded using a ghost spot where the missing player(s) would have been. If a team has at least 3 players but does not have at least 1 woman and 1 man, it is a forfeit- teams should just play and still have fun!!
- Regular play will consist of TWO matches consisting of a best of 3 game (21/21/15). Games are all rally point, win by 2 points, cap at 23 (Cap at 17 in the 3rd match. If time expires (signified by the whistle blowing) while teams are playing in the 3rd game, at least 1 of the teams must have at least 5 points for the game to count. If neither team has at least 5 points, then the game does not count in the match results, and the match played are reported.
- The format for the playoffs will be as follows:
- each match will be a best-of-3 (21/21/15) win by 2. If time expires during the 3rd game, whichever team is winning at that point will win the match (no 5-point minimum required)
- if time expires during the 2nd game, then total points scored in the 2 games to that point will determine the winner of the match
- Teams will only call fouls committed by their own players. Players will not call the fouls against their opponents. If there is a dispute on a call, re-serve the play. Contact a supervisor for clarification of rules.
- All players will conduct themselves in a polite and sportsmanlike manner. Individuals who do not abide by these criteria will be removed from the league.
- Please note that teams are required to play within their designated court area. DO NOT follow ball into other courts.
- All balls must be hit cleanly. No scooping or carrying the ball. Only off of a driven ball may a ball may be double hit (i.e. off arm and head in one continuous motion).
- Player contact with the net in any way constitutes loss of point. A player that goes under the net but does not contact the net or interfere with the play is okay.
- A served ball may not be blocked or spiked directly back over the net. You may volley a ball on a serve receive.
- A block or partial block does not count as one of a team’s 3 hits.
- The ball can hit any part of the body.
- Both teams are responsible for recording matches won/lost and UR Fun points online or through the UR App.
- ALL teams make playoffs. All teams play the entire season even if they lose in playoffs.