URO Indoor Volleyball Rules - Coed 6's
Coed 6’s RULES AND GUIDELINES
- Coed 6’s - There must be at least 2 of each gender on the court at all times. If a team has no females or males, then they lose by default. If a team only has 1 of any gender they may play short, but MAY NOT replace the player with another gender. ie. 4 male and 1 female – can only play with 5 players and may not substitute a male for the missing female player. Male players may not substitute for female minimums or vice versa.
- If there is a dispute on a call, re-serve the play. Contact an Event Coordinator for clarification of rules after the match is completed.
- Regular play:
- 1 hour time slot will consist of 1 match of 4 games per week. (21/21/21/15) Games are all rally point, win by 2 points, cap at 23/23/23/17. Win percentage will be what the standings are based on.
- Doubleheader nights will consist of 2 matches per night. Best of 3 (21/21/15) games are rally point, win by 2 points, cap at 23/23/17
i. If time expires while teams are playing the 3rd set or 4th game, at least one of the teams must have reached 5 points for the game to count. Otherwise the match will be reported as a 1-game-apiece draw. Combined points will not be used during the regular season matches to determine a winner.
- Playoff Format:
- Double header playoffs will be as follows:
i. Each match will be a best-of-3 (21/21/15). If time expires during the 3rd game, whichever team is winning at that point will win the match (no 5-point minimum required)
ii. If time expires during the 2nd game, then total points scored in the 2 games to that point will determine the winner of the match.
- 1 match playoffs will be as follows:
i. Each match will be 4 games (21/21/21/15). If time expires during the 4th game, whichever team is winning at that point will win the match (no 5-point minimum required)
ii. If time expires during the 3rd game, then total points scored in the 3 games to that point will determine the winner of the match.
iii. If both teams have 2 games the tie breaker is the 5th to 11 points.
- URO balls must be used unless approval is given by both the EC and opposing team captain.
- A second set of clean court shoes must be worn on the court
- All balls must be hit cleanly. No scooping or carrying the ball. Only off of a driven ball may a ball may be double hit (i.e. off arm and head in one continuous motion).
- Contact with the net in any way constitutes loss of point. A player that goes under the net but does not contact the net, or is not a part of the play is okay.
- A served ball may not be blocked or attacked directly back over the net.
- When a player blocks a driven ball and comes onto their own team’s side the block does not count as a hit towards the three hit limit.
- The ball can hit any part of the body.
- Players may not chase balls into other courts. Yell “BALL” so that players are aware of the danger.