1. Teams are to play with 7 players on the field (6 players and a goalie) – At least 2 females must be on the field at all times. If a team chooses to have a female keeper – she does not count towards the minimum of 2 females on the floor.
2. If a team has only one female player they may still field a team but would play with a maximum of 6 players (5 males & 1 female). The missing female position cannot be replaced by a male. The lone female also may not play in net. The opposing team can still field 7 players as long as 2 are female. If during the course of the game the lone female is injured and cannot continue to play the team may continue but will be have to play 6 against 7.
3. If a team shows up and has no female players they have 10 minutes of grace before the team will be considered in default and the default policy will be applied.
4. Teams will play until the end of time (an Event Coordinator will blow the whistle). In the event of a tie score in a regular season match, the game will go into the standings as a tie.
5. Substitutions can be made “on-the-fly” – EXCEPT for the goalie, who can only be substituted for at a stoppage in play.
6. All matches are self-officiated – Team Captains are required to self-police their own teams and call their own fouls.
Note that the above details are generic Outdoor Soccer rules. The rules for each specific league may differ.